Re: [squid-users] Squid Quota

From: Cassiano Martin <cassiano@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 07:54:56 -0200

Amos Jeffries wrote:
> Cassiano Martin wrote:
>> Hi All!
>>
>> I wrote a squid quota daemon (sorry admin, if this is not the right
>> place to announce!)
>> and its working, but in testing stages. Its a squid redirector, which
>> MySQL db as backend, and a
>> log reader, which feeds the DB with information. You can set how much
>> an user, or an IP can use, in MB per day.
>>

>> I want someone to help me with the project, as I dont have too much
>> free time. anyone interested, please
>> contact me. I'll be glad. :-)
>>

>> Thanks!

Hi ;-)
> Very Interesting! :-)

In fact, this projetct is a extension to MySAR report generator. The log
reader is the same as in the project, as it uses a DB,
and fill in with all information that it gathers from squid log file.
> I just have a few questions:
>
> Is the log reader daily after rotate or real-time?
I use it to read every minute, so it keeps the DB updated. Without
updating the DB, the redirector
daemon doesn't know about traffic sizes. I know its not a Real perfect
way, but it does the job very well.

> Can it handle multiple seemingly-identical requests per second?
Yes. All operation is done in memory, using a fast search tree. My next
step is to use hash based search.
> Is this an open-source collective, private, or commercial enterprise?
It will be open source, I'll release it soon.
> What language(s) are involved?
C, PHP and MySQL as backend.

> Amos

Thanks!