Re: [squid-users] Re: WCCP2 and Router/Switch combo

From: Dalibor Dukic <dalibor.dukic@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 22:19:45 +0100

Hi Ryan,

I managed to connect 5x CISCO 6500 series switches with one instance od
Squid. Currently, it is not possible to run single squid instance for
switches/routers. I tried.
Problem lies in cache assignment method, you can't use MASK and HASH
assignment simultaneously.

>From squid.conf:

# As a general rule, cisco routers support the hash assignment
method
# and cisco switches support the mask assignment method.

Best regards, Dalibor