Re: [squid-users] force caching (or High availability config)

From: Chris Hostetter <hossman_squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 13:28:38 -0800 (PST)

: I have squid configured as a transparent proxy in front of application server
: (ApS). Data generated by ApS gets updated infrequently and sometimes ApS gets
: slow doing it's internal "housecleaning". What I want to do is for Squid
: to "fudge" response times a bit by timing out connections to ApS after, say
: 20s and using cached data instead (even if it's outdated). This would also
: help with ApS reboots so that data is available at all times regardless of
: responsiveness or availability of ApS.

http://www.nabble.com/read_timeout-and--22fwdServerClosed-3A-re-forwarding-22-to13888907.html#a13961255

Note that if the origin server is "down" (ie: does not accept the
connection at all) then 2.6 will return stale content as long as that
stale content had a Last-Modified header when it was cached (see cavets in
bug#1098 and bug#2119)

-Hoss