[squid-users] Squid and Netflix don't like each other

From: Dave Overton <dave@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 21:57:58 -0800

Netflix has an online watch movies now thing going. It appears that IE has
to send the follow requests to fire it off, these are from my access.log

http://index.ehub.netflix.com/item/?
http://69.53.224.31/data/11/?
http://www.netflix.com/WatchNowEvent

All seems fine until the last step, then the little activex control returns
a screen that says:

Server Connection Error
Make sure your computer has a live connection to the Internet and that
security software is not blocking the Netflix Movie Viewer's access. If you
have an active, unblocked connection, close all browser windows, then try to
play a movie again.

For further information, see our Internet and Server Connection Error FAQ.
If the problem persists, or you would like assistance, please contact
Netflix technical support and report the following error code(s):

MediaError(10)

I have squid3 running as transparent proxy with wccp2 so I setup an access
list and put my workstation on it, and the silly movie runs just fine.

My cache.log is showing this line, but I have to stress that its possible
that its not my client doing this, but it is an amazing coincidence:

2007/12/16 21:48:40| clientParseRequestMethod: Unsupported method in request
'^SBitTorrent protocolex'
2007/12/16 21:48:40| clientProcessRequest: Invalid Request

Can someone offer some suggestions with this? Bypassing the cache is
doable, but sorta defeats the purpose of the cache.

Thanks

Dave