Re: [squid-users] No great results after 2 weeks with squid

From: Dieter Bloms <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 21:53:44 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 17, Carlos Lima wrote:

> So my questions are:
> - Should Squid be taking only in consideration for large environments
> with hundreds or even thousands of people accessing web?!

no, it can also be used in small enviroment.

> - In these days a proxy like Squid for caching purposes is more a
> "have to have" or a "must to have" when for almost every site proxy's
> are skipped and the wan speed access are increasing every day now!?

you can configure user-, time-, source-, or destination acl, and you
have a application gateway (it is more than only a packet filter like a
cisco "firewall".

Btw.:
I think you should set cache_dir to some GB, to cache more than 100MB
of data to the disk cache, which is the default.
Please update to the last stable release, 2.6.STABLE6 is a little
outdated (from december last year).

--
Gruß
  Dieter