Re: [squid-users] TCP close problem

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 12:52:11 +1300 (NZDT)

> Hello,
>

> While tweaking a Swazoo Smalltalk web server to work through Squid I
> noticed that Squid wants to close a connection soon after sending a
> request to the web server, sometimes in the middle of the longer
>
> I'm wondering if this is a normal behavior and if it is, what are the
> reasons for so fast connection close?
>
> Thanks very much for any hint

It could be any number of network issues.

If its squid doing the premature close itself, then I think the most
common reason for that is the server sending squid info anout teh request
size which is smaller than the request data actually sent. Squid will
detect that and its virus self-protection code will kick in and shutdown
the link.
cache.log will give you a trace of whats going on there.

Otherwise you should start looking at things like a firewall with short
NAT timeouts (ew). And problems with kernel TCP transmission settings.

Amos