Re: [squid-users] NTLM auth popup boxes

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 09:19:17 +0900

On Tue, Dec 18, 2007, Elvar wrote:

> Well, I've set up squid-rrd now on two different boxes at two different
> locations to monitor performance and it doesn't appear that Squid is
> being overworked. Is there a way to possibly increase the TTL for
> queries against Active Directory? I've been battling with this problem
> for months now and cannot for the life of me figure out what's causing
> the problem.

The only way is to increase the number of ntlm authentication helpers that
you're running; but hm, you're using 150 ntlm authentication helpers.

There's a page in cachemgr - again, I forget its name - which gives you the
authenticator statistics (helper status, queue length, etc.) Hm, if you file
a bugzilla request I could come up with a way of getting access to the
queue statistics.

There's a project on http://devel.squid-cache.org/ - the auth ip cache project,
I forget its exact name right now - but it'll help quite a bit. It breaks if
you need to use cache peers as it caches the results for each client IP address.
Hm, I think I know how to fix that too, somewhat. (Henrik, what about using
ACLs to mark which clients can have their auth info cached?)

Adrian