[squid-users] Is there an IE script/wrapper/hack to send username to squid?

From: Adrian <adrian.jfl@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 17:56:55 +1100

Hi,

I have my own squid authenticator that works nicely but people
get sick of having to type their credentials in each time IE loads.

Does anyone know of a launcher script or program that will tell
IE to enter a username/password (even from a text file)
when it hits the squid proxy? I'm not fussy about the
password - it could be a generic one as long as the user
couldn't change the username the launcher is sending and I
can change the code of the authenticator.

There doesn't seem to be any useful command line switches for
IE but perhaps there's a 3rd party application or some registry
hack? Surely it must be a common problem or does everyone
just use IIS?!

Thanks,
Adrian.