Re: [squid-users] Setting up squid as an accel proxy

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 21:40:00 +1300

Martin Jacobson (Jake) wrote:
> Amos,
>
> I have upgraded to STABLE17 but I still have the same issue.
>
> Basically I want to be able to go to URL in my browser like this: http://linproxy1.mysite.com/. (linproxy1 is running squid)
>
> and have squid proxy the default search page from: http://searchengine.mysite.com/

Well, to CHANGE the URL like that you will need to use a redirector, not
a peer.
To peer as a forward-proxy squid simply imitates a server and has DNS
pointed at it. The peer still needs to understand when requests for
linproxy1.mysite.com arrive at it from squid through the private channel.

> Config settings:
> http_port linproxy1.mysite.com:80 accel

Could do with defaultsite=linproxy1.mysite.com to un-break some broken
client software.

> cache_peer 10.2.234.9 parent 80 0 no-query originserver name=searchengine proxy-only

proxy-only in accelerators does away with almost all of the actual
benefit of 'acceleration' squid provides through caching unchanged content.

Should work though as log as the peer knows its hosting inproxy1.mysite.com.

Amos

--
Please use Squid 2.6STABLE17 or 3.0STABLE1.