Re: [squid-users] Implementing Squid in our current setup

From: Andrew Miehs <andrew@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 16:38:19 +0100

You are right - your ASCII art is bad.... :-)

Why do people insist on using one big switch an VLANs...
OUCH! This just makes thing more complicated and very dangerous
should someone misconfigure the switch - with a small bit of
reconfiguration, you can bypass the ASA altogether...

Normally I would

Internet-Router

   Some other SWITCH

   ASA 5520

  CATALYST

And if you want, run trunking between the ASA and CAT
so that you effectively get more interfaces on the ASA

Regards

Andrew