[squid-users] Reverse proxy to bypass government's proxy !!!

From: <AN@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 14:05:36 +0200

Hi,
I need to use squid as a reverse proxy. My situation is that I'm from
a country that the government here block websites !
They recently blocked a website that is very important for my friends
and me, and it does not function probably with proxy bypassing
websites that uses scripts like CGIProxy or Phproxy.
The good thing is that I have a dedicated server in the United States.
I don't have prior experience with squid, I followed some tutorials
but failed to do the following scenario:

A user requests newdomain.com (which is registered by me and
connected to my server) ---> Squid will get the content of
www.theblockedwebsite.com and deliver it to the end user ---> The
browser's URL remains newdomain.com because if changed the user will
get the ugly "Access Denied" page.

I did the following configuration:

------------------

http_port 80 # Port of Squid proxy
httpd_accel_host xx.xx.xx.xx # IP address of web server I need to reach
httpd_accel_port 80 # Port of web server
httpd_accel_single_host on
httpd_accel_with_proxy off
httpd_accel_uses_host_header off

------------------

When I request newdomain.com, squid redirects me to
theblockedwebsite.com, the URL in the URL bar becomes
theblockedwebsite.com and I still get the ugly "access denied" message
!
So squid here only did a redirection from my server to the other
blocked website, while I thought squid will (serve) the website then
deliver it to the end user without passing thruogh the government's
proxy!

What do you suggest?
Your help is highly appreciated.

Best Regards