[squid-users] Reverse proxy issue >> redirection (URL changes)

From: <AN@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 12:01:20 +0200

Hi,
I simply want to do the following:
Users -through their web browsers- request mydomain.com (which is the
reverse-proxy's domain) --> The reverse proxy gets the content of
originalserver.com delivered to the user and the URL in the browser
remains mydomain.com.

My problem is that the original server's contents are not delivered to
users through squid, instead squid is just redirecting all requests
from mydomain.com to originalserver.com, the url changes in the URL
bar, and contents are delivered to users from the original server
directly.

I've read a lot of tutorials they all say the same about reverse
proxying configurations, and here is my config:

------------------

http_port 80 # Port of Squid proxy
httpd_accel_host xoriginalserver.com
httpd_accel_port 80 # Port of web server
httpd_accel_single_host on
httpd_accel_with_proxy off
httpd_accel_uses_host_header off

Did I miss something? Is it normal for squid to simply redirect
requests and not (serving) them? I'm totally new to squid, I've been
stuck in this problem for several days and tried a lot different
configurations but couldn't figure this out, please tell me what did I
miss?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Best Regards