Re: [squid-users] authenticate_ttl question

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 04:30:11 +0100

On sön, 2007-12-30 at 20:48 -0500, Monah Baki wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Can you have a authenticate_ttl based on group

No.

> I want to have two authentication groups FooA and FooB to
> authenticate using ncsa authentication, password generated using
> htpasswd, but I want to have the users in FooB to a 15 day limit
> before they get disconnected.

authenticate_ttl does not do this. It's only an internal bookkeeping
parameter telling Squid how long it should remember the existence of a
user after successful authentication.

HTTP is stateless and the client authenticates to Squid on each and
every requests. There is no session to disconnect.

To "disconnect" users you need to periodically change their password.