Re: [squid-users] small req for gru,s

From: Tek Bahadur Limbu <teklimbu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 00:24:43 +0545

Hi learner,

squid learner wrote:
> sir
> i am using squid in my lan 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0
> with onle one lan card
> the squid server ip is 192.168.1.200:8080
> so all clients proxy setting is 192.168.1.200:8080
> did changing the cachi box with two lan cards make
> deffrence i mean speed difference

I am not sure if I understand your question!

I don't think that you will see any speed difference just by adding an
extra LAN card.
There is no relation between the number of network cards and Squid.

Of course, by adding the extra network card, you can do many useful
things like making this Squid cache box the gateway for your network.

What this means is that you can now locally intercept your clients web
requests. No manual proxy configuration in your client's browsers or
router redirection needed.

Then you can also make this Squid box to act as a firewall for your
internal network.

Finally, but not the last, you can make this Squid box a bandwidth
shaper too.

Thanking you...

> thank you

> Be a better friend, newshound, and