Re: [squid-users] can't open a page with squid

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 03:05:15 +1300

Federico Lopez Sarmiento wrote:
> Hello list. I have a problem with squid and need some help with it.
> My proxy is running in transparent mode and is working fine, but i
> found out some user can't access a page.
> If i remove the proxy from our topology the page can be accesed normally.
> I'm running squid squid/2.6.STABLE5 on a debian 4.
> You would probably tell me to upgrade to STABLE17, but can't find the
> package with apt-get, should i download the sourcecode and compile it
> ?

Indeed -)

     apt-get install squid

stable17 is I believe available from all the official sources for
unstable/testing.

A lot of problems recently have been because of HTTP/1.1 chunked
encoding and squids (lack of) support for it. That is resolved in most
recent releases.

Amos

--
Please use Squid 2.6STABLE17 or 3.0STABLE1.