[squid-users] https report 71 Protocol Error in squid 3.0

From: Penghui Wang <wangpenghui@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 13:59:06 +0800

hello, list,

I wanna implement
(web browser)->SSL<-(squid)->SSL<->Apache+mod_ssl
in my servers.

After dig on the google, i found if wanna this i have to use squid 2.x + SSL
patch or i could use the latest versioni 3.0. Then i install squid 3.0 with
--enable-ssl parameter during the installation. And i have added the follow
lines in squid.conf

https_port 443 cert=/usr/local/squid/etc/server.crt
key=/usr/local/squid/etc/server.key vhost accel

Then i start squid daemon. And i have seen the port 443 is opened.

Then i try to access some websites which required SSL encryption. I got
the follow error:

71 Protocol Error

I have checked the access.log of squid. I seems that the squid program
forward the https request to the original server but the ssl connection
between original server and the squid server faied to started.

Could someone pick me up?

Thanks very much.

Penghui Wang

--