RE: [squid-users] tcp_miss/502

From: J Beris <J.Beris@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 15:58:45 +0100

> The site recently changed provider and got a new IP range
> (around end december).
> Might be that your DNS servers havent been updated yet.

Doubtful...DNS servers usually don't take that long to update.
What is the updated IP range? Then I'll see if I can connect using the
IP address.

> Anyway, here it should work.
> Without proxy its no problem, but with proxy I CAN get on
> http://rijksweb.nl but not to their search page
> http://adresgids.rijksweb.nl/servlet/DirXweb/Main.htm
>
> When I go to this, to this search page, I get the
> TCP_MISS/502 in Squid.
> But I cant really find out what 502 is and where I should look next.

Can't think of the exact reason for a 502 at the moment, but if memory
serves, it is usually indicative of issues on the other end. Can you
crank out tcpdump/wireshark and see what it tells you? I can try the
same here.

Regards,

Joop

Dit bericht is gescand op virussen en andere gevaarlijke
inhoud door MailScanner en lijkt schoon te zijn.
Mailscanner door http://www.prosolit.nl
Professional Solutions fot IT