[squid-users] cache_dir

From: <trainier@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 10:51:53 -0500

I have been asked to continue proxying connections out to the Internet,
but to discontinue caching web traffic.

After reading the FAQ and the config guide (2.6STABLE12) I found that:
'cache_dir null' Is the approach. It's failing.
The error is: Daemon: FATAL: Bungled squid.conf line 19: cache_dir null

For giggles, I even tried giving cache_dir null an option of a directory,
which also failed.

The FAQ shows that this option is not enabled or available in the default
build of squid. I'm reading through the configure script trying to find
some verbiage that might help me locate the compile option.

Here are the compile-time options I'm setting for this build:

./configure --prefix=/services/proxy --enable-icmp --enable-snmp
--enable-cachemgr-hostname=kmiproxy01 --enable-arp-acl --enable-ssl
--disable-select --disable-poll --enable-epoll -enable-large-cache-files
--disable-ident-lookups --enable-stacktraces --with-large-files && make
&& make install

Can someone please help me disable local caching?

Thanks,

Tim Rainier