Re: [squid-users] Google Images and Blacklists

From: Mike Rambo <mrambo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 07:13:46 -0500

Brett Lymn wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 04:38:45PM -0800, Joel Jaeggli wrote:
>> if you suppress the use of cookies for a google service, you won't get
>> use specifc preferences (ie the default in image search is the moderate
>> safesearch)... if you do it for all of google.com obviosuly it has
>> negative implications for things like gmail.
>>

> You can force the google image safesearch on by rewriting the URL to
> add an argument to the search string. I know of one commercial
> product that actually does this to try and prevent the thumbnail
> viewing loophole.

squidGuard has done this unofficially (via a patch) for a couple of
years and does so now officially as of the recent 1.3 release (though by
default it is set for full safe search. I'd expect moderate safe should
be possible too).

--
Mike Rambo
temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."