Re: Fwd: [squid-users] Squid, SNMP and MRTG

From: Indunil Jayasooriya <indunil75@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 14:42:25 +0530

> Have you checked to make sure that your cron job is running
> successfully? On>
> e thing I found is that the command has to be run from
> the same directory that the squid-rrd files are in. Otherwise it
> complains about not finding the files. I set up a cron job that called a
> .sh script which first cd's into the /usr/local/www/squid-rrd directory
YES. U R right. I did cd to my squidrrd directory. pls see below

root@mail opt]# cd /var/www/squidrrd/
then,
[root@mail squidrrd]# vi cron.sh AND add below 2 lines to that file.
cd /var/www/squidrrd
perl poll.pl localhost

then, I did chmod command

[root@mail squidrrd]# chmod 755 cron.sh

then, I added a crontab to /etc/cron.d/squidrrd

[root@mail squidrrd]# vi /etc/cron.d/squidrrd and added below line to it.
*/5 * * * * root /var/www/squidrrd/cron.sh

and wait for 10 minutes. I saw graphs start filling.

It works now. Thank you very much . Due to my workload, It took some
time to replye. ANYWAY, sorry for the delay in replying.

--
Thank you
Indunil Jayasooriya