Re: [squid-users] ACLs in ldap

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 20:45:51 +1300

david@gnuconsulting.com wrote:
> Or any other external source for that matter. i'm looking for the ability
> to *define* ACLs dynamically, not just statically reference a dynamic list
> of urls (for example).
>
> This is to allow on-the-fly creation of groups, and new policies that
> apply to those groups, without editing squid.conf and reloading. If this
> is a stupid idea, or i'm going about it the wrong way - please let me
> know. I've been a casual user of squid for years but this is the first
> time I've dug must past the surface.

Squid does not by design provide any dynamic ACL creation.
What is provided are several points for calling external helpers to do
it. Request redirection / url_rewrite etc and external_acl_type are the
options to lookup.

How you use them is entirely up to your specific needs and network
abilities.

Amos

--
Please use Squid 2.6STABLE17+ or 3.0STABLE1+