Re: [squid-users] Firefox and http://www.elance.com/ (Another POST without Content-Length issue ?)

From: Simon Waters <simonw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 14:16:09 +0000

On Friday 18 January 2008 13:23, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> How -fantastic- !
>
> Can you take a tcpdump of the session please and wrap it all up in
> a bugzilla report?

Yes will do.

> I have a feeling they're assuming HTTP/1.1 with 100 Expect, and fail
> miserably with HTTP/1.0 ?

"100 Expect" ?

> (Yeah, doesn't work for me with Firefox 2.X on my G4 iBook. Works under
> Safari though!)

I wasn't sure if Content-Length was required with HTTP 1.0, I see in RFC 1945
it is.

I also wondered why I'm apparently the first to have hit this. Since they are
using the YAHOO.utils.Connect.asyncRequest, which isn't that obscure, 20%
browser share, not sure what Squid share is but it has to be significant user
base...