Re: [squid-users] squid trying access PF devices (freebsd)

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 21:50:25 +1300

Alexandre Correa wrote:
> maresia# ls -l /dev/pf
> crw------- 1 root wheel 0, 74 Jan 10 11:18 /dev/pf

Looks like all you need to do is start squid properly as root user and
let it do the permissions dropping properly itself.

> i will recompile squid without pf support.. i donīt need this on
> proxies... because gateways redirect to proxies.. :)

If you are performing any kind of transparent interception with squid
you will need one of the --*-transparent options. Without it squid will
fail to correctly spoof the clients IP.

Amos

> thanks !!!
>
> regards !
>
> On Jan 18, 2008 10:45 PM, Adrian Chadd <adrian@creative.net.au> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 18, 2008, Alexandre Correa wrote:
>>> yes,,, gateway redirect packets going t tcp/80 for squid servers !!
>> Then ls -l /dev/pf, look at the ownership/permissions, make sure you at least
>> start squid as root?
>>

>> Adrian

>>> --
>>>
>>> Sds.
>>> Alexandre J. Correa
>>> Onda Internet / OPinguim.net
>>> http://www.ondainternet.com.br
>>> http://www.opinguim.net
>> --
>>
>> - Xenion - http://www.xenion.com.au/ - VPS Hosting - Commercial Squid Support -
>> - $25/pm entry-level VPSes w/ capped bandwidth charges available in WA -

--
Please use Squid 2.6STABLE17+ or 3.0STABLE1+