Re: [squid-users] storeDiskdSend OPEN: (35) Resource temporarily unavailable

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 21:37:42 +0900

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008, Monah Baki wrote:
> Hi Tek,
>
> I am planning on moving 1500 users to the proxy, ofcourse the system
> will change (hardware wise). Performance of squid should be
> important, I knew diskd was still in "test" mode, but I did not
> expect 4 users even though it was running for 27 days to display this
> error messages.
> For my own info, if I move to ufs, and if ufs is pretty stable,
> performance wise is it close to diskd or better.

Move it to AUFS, UFS isn't (currently) going to be very high performing.

Diskd wasn't intended to be "testing"; it just turned out that the design
made a couple of flawed assumptions about the rest of the Squid codebase.
As always, I've got ideas on how to fix that; who knows when that'll happen.

Adrian