[squid-users] ULTRASURF (anti-filtering program) problem

From: SSCR Internet Admin <admin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 11:23:49 +0800

Hi,

This is an off topic, but here it goes...

I would like to ask if anyone from squid mailing list has stumble upon
ultrasurf that can bypass any filtering products such as squidguard. I have
setup a test pc with ip being blocked on squidguard. But to my surprise it
bypass everything ive setup and with ultrasurf running on my test pc, IE
internet setting has been changed to use 127.0.0.1 using port 9666.

I know that this is a kernel level issue and I havent successfully blocked
9666 via iptables, maybe someone could try it out and maybe come up with a
solution, before young students could have this program since you don't need
to install this on a PC, just run u.exe and youre done bypassing.

Thank you and God bless...

believed to be clean.