Re: [squid-users] FTP access via squid proxy

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 00:41:32 +0100

On 16.01.08 13:07, Jagdish Rao wrote:
> We are unable to allow users FTP connection via Squid. Users have third
> party tools like wsftp, sftp, etc. Though the proxy settings have been
> configured, it does not work. However, the browser supports. What do we
> do to make the application work ?

note that squid is a HTTP proxy, FTP protocol is not proxyable and FTP
clients that are capable of using HTTP proxies use them usually just to
forward TCP connections to FTP servers. Squid usually doesn't allow CONNECT
to FTP port which may be your problem.

either find FTP client which supports HTTP transfers or use frox as
intercepting FTP proxy. Otherwise, fotger caching and just allow FTP access
to outside.

WinError #98652: Operation completed successfully.