Re: [squid-users] p2p and squid

From: Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães <leolistas@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 09:34:06 -0200

    Yeah .... squid supports only HTTP but also support connection
tunneling with CONNECT method.

    My experiences showed that almost all 'P2P-through-squid' uses
CONNECT and connects to IP addresses instead of hostnames. My
experiences showed that CONNECT to ip addresses almost do NOT happen in
real life. Real life CONNECTs uses hostnames.

    I have filtered, in some sites, CONNECT with IP addresses and
successfully dropped P2P through squid as well as Skype connections.

    You should notice, however, that usually NATting of TCP/443 port
(usually HTTPS) is allowed and some P2P as well as Skype can work using
that door. So, maybe you will need to block NAT of tcp/443 port and
requires that every browser is configured for proxy for a complete
blocking of P2P stuff.

--
	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues