Re: [squid-users] Mem Cache flush

From: Manoj_Rajkarnikar <manoj@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 11:59:24 +0545 (NPT)

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

>> On Fri, 18 Jan 2008, Haytham KHOUJA wrote:
>>> I don't advise you to use partitions as separate cache_dirs. You will not
>>> get performance enhancement since you're still working on the same physical
>>> disk and same SCSI controller.
>
> On 20.01.08 11:57, Manoj_Rajkarnikar wrote:
>> Its not 2 partitions on 1 physical disk, I have 2 scsi disks... controller
>> however is same.
>
> you seem to have 4 cache_dirs on each of those 2 disks. It's useless and
> inefficient. Just use one cache_dir per disk (unless you use different
> storages, e.g. COSS)

Hmm... so if I use only cache_dir per disk, I think I'll need to increase
the first level directory too.. I currently have ~4M objects in my cache
split onto 2 disks (~2M objects per disk). so as I understand,

2M objects / (256 objects per 2nd level dir x 256 2nd level dirs per 1st
level dir) = ~ 30+ 1st level dirs.. Am I calculating wrong here?? Please
also give some hints on how would it ineffeciently effect squid by
putting multiple cache_dirs on single disk...

Thanks.

Manoj