Re: [squid-users] ULTRASURF (anti-filtering program) problem

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 10:09:17 +1300 (NZDT)

>> SSCR Internet Admin wrote:
>> >I would like to ask if anyone from squid mailing list has stumble upon
>> >ultrasurf that can bypass any filtering products such as squidguard. I
>> >have setup a test pc with ip being blocked on squidguard. But to my
>> >surprise it bypass everything ive setup and with ultrasurf running on
>> my
>> >test pc, IE internet setting has been changed to use 127.0.0.1 using
>> port
>> >9666.
>
> On 22.01.08 17:27, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> Never heard of them. But going by the documentation they are
>> HTTPS-tunneling all traffic from the localhost outbound.
>>
>> You and most would naturally allow HTTPS CONNECT requests through
>> without filters for all the banking and secure sites that need it.
>
> wouldn't disabling CONNECT any port except 443 be enough?

Probably not, it looks to have a standard SSL CONNECT on port 443 to a
home server somewhere included in the methods.
There is more than one protocol of connection involved. This is using what
I think of as mid-range P2P control evasion. The code has hooks for
several types of link. how they map I haven't looked.

Amos