Re: [squid-users] WCCP Routing

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 11:04:04 +0900

On Thu, Jan 24, 2008, Jason Taylor wrote:
> I worked around that a few years ago by having multiple instances of
> squid on my server, each with its own IP and dedicated squid.conf
> Each router would connect to its own squid instance and linux policy
> routing would determine the default gateway to use.
> The downside is that you are now effective doubling the number of squids
> that you manage.

I think what you need to do is to be able to set the next-hop adjacency on
a particular socket, overriding the kernels' routing table lookup(s).
You also need a way to discover which router sent you that particular
redirected packet(s).

There may be a way to do it in kernel-land without ever involving the
userland process but I'd have to give it a bit more thought.

Adrian