Re: [squid-users] Unable to increase filedescriptor limit -- tried all things

From: bijayant kumar <bijayant4u@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 05:40:01 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

While checking the squid-2.6.17.ebuild file i found in
econf section there is a line --with-maxfd=8192. It
means that squid has been compiled with 8192
descriptors, right ?? But in cache.log it says 1024
file descriptors are available and complains about the
running out of file descriptors. Shall i have to
recompile squid again in this case also ??
Please guide me

Bijayant Kumar