[squid-users] How to "balance" outgoing traffic?

From: Gabriele <tech@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 16:49:42 +0100

Hello list,

I hope this is the right place to ask. I have googled a lot, but I
couldn't find an answer to my problem.

My setup is a Debian 4 box which acts as a iptables router/firewall,
squid 2.6.18 + dansguardian 2.0.8.6.

There are 3 xDSL connections available, and the request I have to deal
with, is to let the server choose the proper xDSL connection for
outgoing traffic.

For example, as soon as xDSL no.1 reaches 80% of the available
bandwidth, the subsequent traffic goes to xDSL no.2, and so on.

I don't know if this can be properly called "load balancing", but as a
result, the outgoing web traffic has to be shared among all of the
available xDSL's.

Is this possible?

Actually I don't even know where to start, so any kind of help would be
appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Gabriele Caniglia