[squid-users] [SOLVED]Re: [squid-users] Unable to increase filedescriptor limit -- tried all things

From: bijayant kumar <bijayant4u@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 18:04:28 +0000 (GMT)

Thanks to all you and all the members of the list who
has supported me to rectify this problem.
The startup/init script of squid was wrong, which
comes in gentoo. It was setting the filedescriptor
limit to 1024. I started it manually as suggested by
Adrian Chadd, and it started showing 8192 file
descriptors available. Once again thanx a ton.

Now I want a suggestion from you that is 8192 file
descriptor sufficient for 200 to 300 users in the
network(High Traffic) or it should be more high. Other
than this any other parameter in squid.conf to look
for. I made it 8192 because of it is specified in the
ebuild.

Bijayant Kumar