RE: [squid-users] Cache authenticated data

From: Tomer Brand <tomer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 09:00:38 +0200

The problem was due to the IIS header default directive (Thanks Amos)
The max-age had a default value of 259200 seconds.
The must-revalidate directive enforce a cache refresh / recheck
according to some other directives (e.g. max-age).

I set max-age to be 1 second.
Now the SQUID checks whether the cache content needs to be updated by
asking the IIS.
In order to get any response back from the IIS the request has to pass
the IIS authentication.
After authenticating SQUID serve the request from the cache since my
data never change so the cache is always up to date.