[squid-users] Google "We're sorry..." message

From: Iain <iain@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 16:05:07 +0100

I'm noticing that users behind a transparent proxy are seeing the Google
403 page that presents the following message when attempting a search:

*** START ***
We're sorry...

... but your query looks similar to automated requests from a computer
virus or spyware application. To protect our users, we can't process
your request right now.

We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon. In
the meantime, if you suspect that your computer or network has been
infected, you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover to
make sure that your systems are free of viruses and other spurious software.

If you're continually receiving this error, you may be able to resolve
the problem by deleting your Google cookie and revisiting Google. For
browser-specific instructions, please consult your browser's online
support center.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on Google.

FWIW, the X-Forwarded-For headers are being sent.

Looking around, it seems this is a common problem for people behind a
proxy. Has anyone found a work-around for it in Squid?