Re: [squid-users] Patching Squid 2.6 icap patch with Squid-2.6.STABLE10 - problem

From: Christos Tsantilas <christos@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 07:44:43 -0500 (EST)

Hi Selvi,

> Yes, I had already tried that.
>
> But since, i had heard that Squid 2.6 version had better performance
> than Squid 3.0, i would like to try that also as a backup.

Squid 3 is enough fast for most cases. You will not see any difference in
performance unless you have a very-very busy proxy server.

The icap patch for squid2 is outdated. It is better to use squid3.
However in squid developers list there is a post with links to the
mandrake site which provides icap patches for squid2.6:
    http://www.mail-archive.com/squid-dev@squid-cache.org/msg06836.html
I did not test these patches, I just inform you about them.

Regards,
    Christos