[squid-users] Web service failing through squid

From: Gavin Hamill <gdh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 15:40:11 +0000

Hi,

We have a 2.5.12 installation on Ubuntu dapper which we're having
problems using with a remote SOAP web service. Squid has been happily
chugging away for over a year for our busy LAN, and this is the first
issue we've had with it.

In short, squid passes the SOAP request from the LAN client to the
service, and squid receives a reply from said service, but squid then
passes an empty document back to the client on the LAN.

I've made a tcpdump capture available at http://bum.net/squid.cap

LAN client = 10... , Squid IP = 194..., Remote Service = 212...

There are two packets with invalid checksums - I used a hex editor to
remove our user/password from the data stream.

I notice that HTTP/1.0 has been requested by the client, yet it
specifies a Host: header - but I can't imagine this is the cause of the
issue. Any advice would be warmly welcomed!

Cheers,
Gavin.