Re: [squid-users] icap_class None squid 3.0

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 09:35:48 -0700

On Wed, 2008-01-30 at 07:27 +0100, Juergen.Paulo@finanzit.com wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> my question was:
> Does the special ( implied ) icap_class None exist in squid 3.0?

Not that I know of.

> We have for about 100 icap_services and icap_classes configured in squid
> 2.5 witch work
> as icap-client with webwasher-csm.
> In some special cases it was necessary to bypass icap for some destination
> domains.
> Thats why we use the given syntax:
>
> acl NO_ICAP_FOR dstdomain XXX
> icap_access None deny NO_ICAP_FOR
>
> In squid 3.0 it seems not to work as inspected.
>
> I have no Idea, what I have to do to define an icap_service that does
> no req or res, put this in an icap_class do_no_icap and then
> icap_access do_no_icap allow NO_ICAP_FOR.
> That's why we use this special None directive in 2.5

Since Squid3 cannot send the same message to two ICAP services, I am not
sure why a special None class would be needed. My understanding is that
as soon as the first icap_access ACL matches, processing stops. If that
is correct, then you can place your NO_ICAP_FOR ACL at the top of the
icap_access list, using any existing ICAP class. You may need one rule
for REQMOD and one for RESPMOD class if you use both vectoring points.

If you do not get better suggestions, I would suggest that you try the
above and let us know whether it worked as expected.

Thank you,

Alex.