Re: [squid-users] Squid.conf deleting host...

From: Sherwood Botsford <sbotsford@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 13:50:25 -0700

Environment: Openbsd 3.9 with pf redirecting web requests to
squid.

kerberos# squid -v
Squid Cache: Version 2.5.STABLE12
configure options: --datadir=/usr/local/share/squid
'--enable-auth=basic digest' '--enable-basic-auth-helpers=NCSA
YP' --enable-digest-auth-helpers=password
'--enable-external-acl-helpers=ip_user unix_group'
'--enable-removal-policies=lru heap' --enable-ssl
'--enable-storeio=ufs diskd' --localstatedir=/var/squid
--enable-pf-transparent --prefix=/usr/local --sysconfdir=/etc

Background: This started because certain files wouldn't
download. They would start, but would stall either immediately or
30K into the file. Same type of file would have no problems from
other sources. If I went to a computer outside our firewall,
there was no problem. I figured that before I asked the list for
help, I should have the courtesy of using the current release.
(3.0 Stable 1)

In mangling my file for the new version, I obviously over mangled
it. (It complained about unknown options.)

Rolling back to the old version didn't help.

I've also destroyed and recreated the cache directories thinking
that it might be some subtle form of cache corruption.

Anyway, your help appreciated.

Starting from scratch with a copy of the default squid.conf file,
I can reproduce the problem with the following changes to the
default conf file:

http_port 127.0.0.1:3128

cache_mem 64 MB

cache_dir ufs /opt/squidcache 100 10 60

acl our_networks src 192.168.1.0/24 192.168.2.0/24
http_access allow our_networks

Relevant section of pf.conf. Pixel should be 'any' but
this version limits the problem to a single host. All other
hosts are non-proxied. $lan is the internal interface.
# squid redirection

rdr on $lan inet proto tcp from pixel to any \
        port www -> 127.0.0.1 port 3128
pass in quick on $lan inet proto tcp from any to 127.0.0.1 \
         port 3128 keep state #label "web"