Re: [squid-users] Squid and Router

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 23:40:42 +1300

stephane lepain wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have given access to my router webpage configuration from my squid
> server by adding in
> *cache_peer 192.168.1.1 parent 3128 3130 login=PASS*
> That is great because now I can access my router webpage configuration
> from my server without any problems.
> Sometimes, I need to access my router on a different PC which is just a
> client. What can I add into my configuration squid.conf to make that work?

If you have an assigned domain name for your router you can restrict
only that domain to be redirected to that peer.

Or if the IPs are fixed, you can restrict only the IPs you are going to
connect to the router from as acceptable sources for the requests to the
peer.

It's a little weird that you have (only?) proxy-HTCP and ICP access to
your router for admin. But its your config and you did not post the
other details, so....

Amos

--
Please use Squid 2.6STABLE17+ or 3.0STABLE1+