Re: [squid-users] Refusing connections during squid -k reconfigure

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 20:36:05 +0900

On Thu, Jan 31, 2008, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> If the delay between starting and stopping is long enough and can be
> done with X + random-time offset. Squid will cope with some helpers
> simply stopping and resumes them.

Yeah, the trouble is that you can't kill them all or Squid will die
complaining the helpers are dying too quickly.

Hm, I've always wanted to fix that pause during reconfigure and
rotate. Of course, reconfigure's "deny accepting connections" is
probably it closing and re-opening all its listen() sockets..

Adrian