Re: [squid-users] please help squid 2.6 STABLE18

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 10:25:40 +1300 (NZDT)

> cache_effective_user squid
> cache_effective_group squid

Best to leave those to the kernel to handle. Particularly the group one.

If they were there by default in the install bundle/package, then the user
one should be okay.
But if you added them yourself try without, locate all the squid installed
files and make sure they are readable/owned by user 'squid' group 'squid'.
And that the kernel/OS has system user 'squid' as a member of group 'squid'.

Amos