[squid-users] Reverse proxy non-performance benefits

From: Paul Cocker <paul.cocker@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 08:27:00 -0000

Sorry if we're entering into "duh" territory here, but quite simply are
there non-performance benefits to be gained from a reverse proxy
configuration. I'm thinking in terms of security for the most part. Say,
a squid reverse proxy sitting in the DMZ in a reverse proxy
configuration for a website on the internal network.

I see Apache can also do reverse proxy, which was surprising to me, or
is it not quite the same thing?

Paul Cocker

TNT Post is the trading name for TNT Post UK Ltd (company number: 04417047), TNT Post (Doordrop Media) Ltd (00613278), TNT Post Scotland Ltd (05695897),TNT Post North Ltd (05701709) and TNT Post South West Ltd (05983401). Emma's Diary and Lifecycle are trading names for Lifecycle Marketing (Mother and Baby) Ltd (02556692). All companies are registered in England and Wales; registered address: 1 Globeside Business Park, Fieldhouse Lane, Marlow, Buckinghamshire, SL7 1HY.