Re: [squid-users] CentOS 5.1, Squid, PIX WCCP

From: Dennis B. Hopp <dhopp@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 08:50:26 -0600

> Which supervisor version? I hear the later Sups for the 4000 do WCCPv2
> of sorts, but its hard to tell from where I am.

Sorry, forgot to copy and paste that info...

cisco WS-C4006 (MPC8245) processor (revision 14) with 524288K bytes of
memory.
Processor board ID FOX0740013V
MPC8245 CPU at 333Mhz, Supervisor IV

So it looks like IV....I don't see any wccp commands in the CLI so I
don't think it supports wccp2 (unless they are buried somewhere)

> Run it on both gre0 and eth0.

I'll try to get some output later today/tomorrow...

> I'm trying to come up with a best-practice checkpoint list for deploying
> WCCPv2, but I can only really do it at the moment for the equipment I've got.
> I don't suppose anyone has an old PIX available that'll run ASA software 7.X
> w/ WCCPv2 support?

Well if you are willing to work with me over e-mail I'm more then
willing to be your guinea pig...

--Dennis