[squid-users] upgrade from 2.5 to 2.6 to add NTLM

From: jeff donovan <donovan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 10:29:14 -0500

Greetings

i have been running into several issues with my Squid proxy ( running
transparent )
Squid Cache: Version 2.5.STABLE7
configure options: --host=PPC --enable-async-io --enable-snmp --
enable-underscores

accessing Windows IIS6.0 web servers using NTLM authentication. The
Authentication basically fails refreshing the page. Some sites drop to
basic Auth and the users can continue. But others require the full
verification. If I bypass squid the users can authenticate.

I have been reading the release notes and some docs Squid 2.6.

Are the NTLM auth modules that come with squid used just for accessing
the squid cache ? or can these modules help my users connections to
remote IIS servers ?

will 2.6 help in my case ?

TIA

-jeff