Re: [squid-users] The requested URL could not be retrieved: invalid url

From: Dave Coventry <dgcoventry@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 15:23:05 +0200

Well the good news is that I am no longer getting the "The requested
URL could not be retrieved: invalid url" error.

The bad news is that I am no longer getting any response at all.

I must admit that this is probably the singlemost frustrating piece of
software I have ever tried to get to work. I have been working on this
since the 7th of January when I promised my client I would have his
proxy server up and running and I am no nearer resolving it.

I find it very hard to believe that anyone can get it to run at all
and the suspicion is dawning that this whole project is a huge
elaborate hoax designed to generate light relief for bored BOFHs.

I do not consider myself to be a newbie, having used linux for some
eight or nin years. Nor is my requirement particularly complex:

I have simply set up a computer, bought especially for the purpose,
with 2 NICs one of which (eth1) is running as a DHCP server and the
other (eth0).