Re: [squid-users] NTLM Authentication to a SharePoint Site

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 00:48:52 +1300

Troy wrote:
> I know this topic ha been brought up several times.&nbsp; I am trying
> to access a SharePoint site through a Squid proxy.&nbsp; I do not get
> a login pop-up and I immediately get the &quot;Access Denied&quot;
> message in the browser window.&nbsp; Is it still true that Squid
> cannot proxy NTLM authentication?&nbsp; I know you can use NTLM to
> authenticate your users to browse the web but that is not what I am
> looking for.&nbsp; Everything I have read says you have to bypass the
> proxy to access an NTLM enabled website.&nbsp; I just want to verify
> this is still the case.
>
> I am running Squid 2.6 STABLE13.

2.5 had problems and thus the readings you found.

Squid 2.6 and 3.0 are known to work well for this now. If you have any
doubts about stable13 being good, try an upgrade to stable18 and see if
its works then. That is the release where this was most recently tested
and found good a few days ago.

Amos

--
Please use Squid 2.6STABLE17+ or 3.0STABLE1+