Re: [squid-users] RADIO please

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 14:16:16 +1300 (NZDT)

> People...
>
> I rewrite my squid.conf. Now it is:
>

> http_port 10.0.0.250:3128 transparent
> icp_port 0
>
> cache_mem 128 MB
> cache_swap_low 90
> cache_swap_high 95
> cache_dir ufs /usr/local/squid/var/cache 1024 16 256
> cache_access_log /usr/local/squid/var/logs/access.log
> cache_log /usr/local/squid/var/logs/cache.log

> cache_store_log /usr/local/squid/var/logs/store.log

store.log is not useful unless debugging the store code. you can save
drive space and some problems by setting it to "none".

> maximum_object_size_in_memory 1 MB
> maximum_object_size 100 MB
> minimum_object_size 0 MB
>
> pid_filename /usr/local/squid/var/logs/squid.pid
>
> visible_hostname squid.provider.com.br
>
> cache_effective_user squidaemon
> cache_effective_group squid
>
> acl all src 10.0.0.0/8

Please do not re-define "all" to mean anything less than the entire Internet.

For a local-network ACL like this, please use "localnet" or similar.
It will keep your config inline with that assumed by online demos and
examples.

> http_access allow all
>

> I tried allow the mime type but didn't works.

You followed the demo?

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/InstantMessenger

> Please, if anybody knows something, tell me!!!
>
> PS: If I shut-down squid, works normaly.

Then your transparency is probably failed. Squid is actually an
interceptor, not fully transparent. When they go down clients can expect
"Unable to Connect" errors.

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/InterceptionProxy

Amos