Re: [squid-users] Bluecoat > Squid

From: Jakob Curdes <jc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 08:17:02 +0100

The problem is that if the Bluecoat AV series is working there, these
systems can even intercept and decode SSL traffic so if the traffic is
(correctly) recognized as illegitimate proxy traffic I have no idea how
you could prevent that. Proxy traffic is easily distinguishable from
other http traffic as the protocols are different, regerdless on which
ports you are running the proxy. You might be able to setup a SSH tunnel
depending on site policies. Mind you, I am not suggesting that this
would be a legal or sensible thing to do.

Yoirs,
Jakob Curdes