[squid-users] WG: Problem with speed and userauthentication

From: Stefan Vogel <Stefan.Vogel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 16:47:13 +0100

Hello,

I have a really wired issue here, and I have to say: I have no more
ideas... :-(

We have a Squid 2.5Stable12 and use LDAP Authentication against Active
Directory.
In this Authentication we are using the LDAP_GROUP and LDAP_AUTH
authenticaters.
This has been working for months without real issues.

Problem now:
We have two groups, both with around 1000 members. (and a few more groups
but smaller)

The following tests both were done on the same machine and directly after
eachother.
If I run a speed test with a users in group A, I have download and upload
speeds, that are ok to me.
BUT
If I run the same test with a user from group B, the download rate is only

arount 50% of the group A user and the upload rate is even down below 10%
of A-group speed.

I have tried changing the order in wich the groups are checked, but the
effect is still unchanged.

So that's, were I am, and as I said, I'm out of ideas. Has anyone any
idea?

Regards

Stefan